Pupil Premium Allocation
Pupil premium is funding to improve education outcomes for disadvantaged pupils in schools in England.
Pupil premium spending is most effective when used across 3 areas.
- High-quality teaching, such as staff professional development.
- Targeted academic support, such as tutoring.
- Wider strategies to address non-academic barriers to success in schools, such as attendance, behaviour and social and emotional support.
Please click on the picture link to find out more about Pupil Premium.
|Glodwick Infant and Nursery School Pupil Premium Statement 2021-2022||[pdf 139KB]|
PE and Sports Premium
The PE and sport premium provides primary schools with £320 million of government funding to make additional and sustainable improvements to the quality of the PE, physical activity and sport offered through their core budgets. It is allocated directly to schools, so they have the flexibility to use it in the way that works best for their pupils.
Schools must use the funding to make additional and sustainable improvements to the quality of the PE, physical activity and sport they provide. This includes any carried forward funding.
This means that you must use the PE and sport premium to:
- develop or add to the PE, physical activity and sport that your school provides
- build capacity and capability within the school to ensure that improvements made now are sustainable and will benefit pupils joining the school in future years
You should use the PE and sport premium to secure improvements in the following 5 key indicators.
Engagement of all pupils in regular physical activity, for example by:
- providing targeted activities or support to involve and encourage the least active children
- encouraging active play during break times and lunchtimes
- establishing, extending or funding attendance of school sports clubs and activities and holiday clubs, or broadening the variety offered
- adopting an active mile initiative
- raising attainment in primary school swimming to meet requirements of the national curriculum before the end of key stage 2 - every child should leave primary school able to swim.
Please click on the picture link to find out more about PE and Sports Premium.
|PE and Sports Premium 2022-2023||[pdf 67KB]|
|PE and Sports Premium 2021-2022||[pdf 63KB]|