Lunch in School
Children in the Infant School may either have a free school lunch or a packed lunch brought from home in the morning. We offer a choice of vegetarian/fish meals for school lunch.
If your child has a medical appointment which coincides with lunch time we ask that you can collect your child before the lunchtime period and return them to school in time for afternoon school.
Our school lunch, cooked on the premises, is available for all infant children free of charge. Please support us by continuing to register your child for free school meals if you are entitled to this benefit. If you don’t we miss out on essential funding for your child.
If you wish to change the lunchtime arrangements for your child, please see the Head Teacher. We prefer children to change their meal arrangements at the beginning of a half term.
Midday Supervisors, Teaching Assistants and Little Sports Coaches care for all of the children during the lunchtime period. Each class has their own personal Midday Supervisor to escort them in and out of the dining room.
Key Stage 1 - Free School Meals
Key Stage 1 children (from Reception to Year 2) are entitled to a free school meal.
Please let the School Office know if you want to opt out of the scheme and provide your child with a packed lunch from home.
Free School Meals and School Funding
There has been a reduction in school funding due to the Universal Free School Meals Offer from the Government. This has resulted in many parents not registering their infant children for the free school meal benefit.
The school is losing funding and our Pupil Premium figures are also inaccurate.
Please check your eligibility and sign up your child for free school meals if you are entitled. It means we will receive the extra funding in school to educate your child better.
We currently have 28 out of 362 learners eligible for Pupil Premium funding from the government which generates an individual allowance of £1320 for each child from the Department for Education.
The school uses this allowance to ensure that these children achieve at least their potential. It provides opportunity for one to one teaching and learning, first hand experiences, as well as learning within a small group.
This enhanced provision makes a positive difference to the learning outcomes and although we would strive to maintain this position without the funding, it plays a significant part.
Please check your eligibility by clicking on the link below and where appropriate complete the application form. Thank you.
The Governing Body have decided to change the Halal Meat Menu at Glodwick to a non-meat menu. Oldham Catering Department have designed the menu to ensure that it meets the current nutritional guidelines. The choices are very appetising and we are sure the children will enjoy eating them.
Please select the document below to view a sample menu.
All of the children have a healthy snack of fruit and milk during the day. This is avalable free of charge as the school has signed up to the National Fruit Scheme operated by the Goverment.
Guidelines for Health Packed Lunches
- At least one portion of fruit and one portion of vegetables every day
- Meat, fish or other source of non-dairy protein (eg lentils, kidney beans, chickpeas, hummus, and falafel) every day.
- Oily fish, such as salmon, at least once every three weeks.
- A starchy food such as any type of bread, pasta, rice, couscous, noodles, potatoes or other type of cereals every day.
- Dairy food such as milk, cheese, yoghurt, fromage frais or custard everyday.
- Only water, still or sparkling, fruit juice, semi-skimmed or skimmed milk, yoghurt or milk drinks and smoothies.
- Packed lunches should have limited items such as:
- Crisps - Instead, include seeds, vegetables and fruit (with no added salt, sugar or fat). Savoury crackers or breadsticks served with fruit, vegetables or diary food are also a good choice.
- Confectionery such as chocolate bars, chocolate-coated biscuits and sweets are not encouraged at school. Please only allow your child to eat cakes and biscuits as part of a balanced meal.